Did you know that every entrant in the awards, regardless of whether they are a finalist or not, receives valuable feedback from a judging panel of industry professionals?
At least two judges will write a paragraph about the strengths of your event and list areas for improvement.
As a finalist, you are entitled to use the 2017 Finalist Logo, together with quotes from the judges in your marketing material.
This feedback also assists you in improving your event without costing a fortune!
"By entering in The Awards, you will be entitled to have your practices reviewed by our expert panel and receive feedback. In this way the Event Awards can have a really positive impact on the quality of Australian Events and ensure that Australia remains a global leader in the field.”
Sandy Hollway, Former Olympic Chief and co-chair of the Industry Judging Panel
"Thank you very much for your help and encouragement through the whole process. We are far from disappointed with our effort and are so encouraged to enter again in the future. To be a finalist blew us all away and the rest of the journey was a bonus with no chance of disappointment."
- Sid James, Victor Harbor Triathlons & Fun Run-Walk. 2013 FINALIST: Best Sporting Event
“Being part of the awards was a great experience, to present our Cert III Events program, see what others are doing around Australia and to gain feedback from the judges which provided us with strategies to go forward. Chatting to event professionals from around Australia on the night was fabulous too, at our table there were people from SA, VIC, NSW and WA”.
- Angela Bain, Event Management Teacher TasTAFE Drysdale. 2013 FINALIST: Best Education or Training Program
- “The Australian Event Awards is a fabulous process for being critiqued by events industry peers, to reaffirm that you are performing successfully and to best practice standards when benchmarked nationally. Participating as an Awards entrant provides a fresh and credible reason for reconnecting with clients, industry colleagues and suppliers whom work alongside you, and especially creates a reason for your own team to reflect upon how and why their efforts were outstanding during the qualifying period. So many stakeholders take pride in the achievements documented within the entry submission. For j2 ideas & events, becoming an Event Manager of the Year Finalist felt like a ‘win’ on this national platform.”
- Carolynne Hassall, Special Projects Manager j2 ideas & events. 2013 FINALIST: Event Manager of the Year.
"Thanks so much for providing us the judges feedback – very useful to have that & very valuable in refining our event. I plan on using it in our media release."
- 2013 Entrant
"To have a national awards like The Australian Event Awards ensures we can celebrate the accomplishments of our industry. This Space Events could not be more excited to be the winner of best corporate event 2013 and to celebrate at Doltone House with all the other finalists made for an exciting night for the event industry."
- Julia Barnard, This Space Events. 2013 WINNER: Best Corporate Event
“I believe the event awards have provided a great framework for the events industry to continue to evolve and excel. Innovation is the key for the events industry to remain at the forefront globally and the event awards create a great impetus for the industry to embrace this. Winning our first event award was a great motivator to go out and better ourselves, winning our second one just set the challenge even more.”
- Daniel Sekers, Global Traffic Management System by Global IT. 2013 WINNER: Best Product or Service
The document below relates to the 2016 Awards. The 2017 document will be available for download on 19 April 2017.